Monday, January 05, 2009

Little nibbles of Web Info:

A nice NYT piece by Michael Lewis and David Einhorn on the sad state of US finance has appeared in the online Times in little chunks. You can start it here, and then follow it through three more short web pages, and on to the rest of the article. I've read many short stories that are segmented into shorter webpages like this one, and I just don't get it. The short pages don't make me click on more ads, they just waste my time. What's the point? Does the NYT think that everyone who wants to read about finance has a 1,200 bps dialup modem?

1 comment:

jgfellow said...

I got it all on one shot when I clicked through. I believe this is because NYT gave me a cookie which says "JG likes his articles all at once."

I clicked on such an option once and (I think) that I never had to a second time. For what it's worth, the short hops may be for the benefit of mobile readers for whom pages download slowly...

Cheers!