Tuesday, February 02, 2010

All Mozart All Day:

January 27 was Mozart's birthday. I have easy radio access to three radio stations that play classical music, morning to evening, and they chose to play nothing but Mozart that day. (They were fund-raising, too.) I have a radio program on the fourth station that plays some classical music, WPRB (103.3 FM in central Jersey and Philadelphia). It's quite common for radio stations to “feature” some composer on his birthday. I generally do not do this. I figure that there are always some fans out there who would rather not hear “wall-to-wall composer X,” so I'm the one who is going to offer an alternative choice.

But Mozart! All day, I had the pleasure of choosing which of two or three of his fine compositions to listen to. What pleasure!

No comments: