Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Relative Value of Pie:

On my business trips to Virginia, I have seen evidence that, as one goes south, one finds more interest in pies. Convenience stores stock more cream pies, moon pies, and gobblers (which seem to be very simple, very high calorie pie-cookies). On my most recent trip, I found new evidence in Virginia: Cream Pies that reference treats well known to us Northerners: the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie, and similarly packaged pies named for Oreos and Snickers. The Reese’s pie has a cream pie texture and a Reese’s taste. It is made by a company called Schwan that licenses the name (and, I guess, the taste) of Reese. These are packaged slices, about 1/8 of a small round pie, 2.5 oz, and they are a refrigerated product. Has anyone seen them in the Northern states?

No comments: