Friday, March 18, 2005

Headstones are too small.

Most headstones on graves are too small. Or perhaps the fonts used on them are too large. The headstone (if one plans ahead) is a rare last chance to express a strong opinion to a captive audience. I’m sure many of us would like to express five or six, but there’s hardly room for one clear thought. Such as:

  • No more deadlines for me.
  • At last, no more wires to untangle.
  • The world’s become a mess hasn’t it? Glad I’m not there.
  • Death and Taxes may both be inevitable, but you get to deal with one at a time.
  • If you figure out my password, please reformat my disk drive. Don’t look!
  • See? That wire needed more insulation.
  • This headstone has been reformatted to fit your field of vision.
  • Back in twenty minutes.

No comments: