Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I packed much against my will:

The plan last week was for me to take a business trip from Tuesday through Sunday. I would be leaving from work for the airport about noon, so I started to pack Monday night at ten. Packing would be complex, owing to the duration of the trip and various special requirements.
It was sooo haaard to start packing. I knew that my software was just not ready. It seemed likely we would decide in the morning to postpone one day. How do you pack for a trip you don't expect to take yet? I hate to pack anyway. I kept telling myself, you don't have to do this, you can do it tomorrow. But by midnight I was ready to go.
And we did postpone for one day. And my cellphone just about ran out of juice when I most needed it, because I had packed my rechargers a day too soon.

No comments: