I have been writing up the iPad games I've played. I decided that I could put the time I invested into these games to good use by putting brief ads for my two books into the reviews, and as far as I can tell, people have been reading my reviews and increasing my eBook sales.
Not all of them, though. When someone sends me an email that says, "I saw your review of game X. How do I persuade the dragon to fly me to the island?" I know that person will not read my book, because he didn't even read my guide, which explains how to persuade the dragon to fly him to the island.
My reviews, FAQs and guides point to for some excellent ways to waste your time. Here's my current list:
- Aralon Sword and Shield Tips and Walkthrough
- Battle Frontier: a Review and a FAQ
- Book of Heroes: a review and a FAQ
- Dungeon Crawlers, a review and a Guide
- Kard Combat: A FAQ for the tablet game.
- Let's Golf 3 by Gameloft: A FAQ for the iPad game.
- Order and Chaos: Guide for new players!
- Words with friends: A FAQ for the tablet game.