Thursday, June 24, 2004

Easy Living (wide open):

The driver’s door on my car opens particularly wide, making it so easy for me to slip in and out. Someone recently admired my very open car door, so I decided to share its secret with you. Here’s how to do it:

  • Open the door wide.
  • Inspect: you should find a plastic harness in the front that goes tight, limiting how wide the door opens. If you do not see this harness, I strongly suggest skipping the remaining steps.
  • Back slowly out of your (or any) garage.
  • Ignore the loud grinding sound warning you that the door is caught on the center post of the garage, and the harness is stretching to the max.
  • As soon as the harness snaps, slam on the brakes to prevent real damage.
  • You’re all set! Drive forward a little so you can close the car door.

    I must admit that I omitted the inspection step above. Although I’ve enjoyed my wide door for years, I have not adjusted any of my other car doors.
  • No comments: