Tuesday, July 06, 2004

What’s Special about Good Movers:

Once again I had an opportunity to watch a team of guys move something heavy. I believe the special quality of good moving people is not strength. Rather, they are considerate.

  • They are of course considerate of the items they are moving, and the narrow spaces they move through, to avoid scratches and outright damage.
  • They are strikingly considerate of each other, always aware of the potential to avoid another’s injury by watching their partners, asking questions and making suggestions to prevent a partner from getting into an awkward position.

    I’ve watched - and participated in - some amateur moving and some bad moving; I’ve overheard a lot of conversations in my life; but I’ve never heard anything resembling the conversations that occur among a good team of movers. Listen to them sometime!
  • No comments: