Wednesday, July 19, 2006

More Computer Controlled Apparel:

Last Thursday's item started me thinking about the potential future of garments with embedded computers. Clothes will have a display capability, wireless communications, cameras, GPS, the works. For example, consider a lothario who tracks his two girlfriend's locations, so that his shirt says "Jennfier I Love You!" except when he's nearer to Lucy than Jennifer. It might be nice to have a shirt that appears to be the classic football T-shirt for whatever college you're nearest at the moment, or anti-chameleon clothes that change color as needed to stand out from the nearby environment. As a parent, I would have liked to press a button to make my young kids' clothes flash alternately red and green when I couldn't quickly find them.

No comments: