Monday, July 18, 2005

The World's Shortest Personality Test:

Someone pointed me to The World's Shortest Personality Test. I picked the Saguaro Cactus picture and discovered that I am "funky, outdoorsy, and down to earth. ..." I was amused at being called outdoorsy from my fascination with Saguaros. Yes, I make a lot of effort to go see them. I'm fascinated by the hidden mathematics of the forms they assume. A few environmental nudges or perhaps finicky genes control their apparently arbitrary decisions to branch or not branch, where, when and how high. How I would love to write a computer program that convincingly models their shapes! It's pretty much irrelevant to me that they have to be outdoors.

For the next five or six days I expect to blog very little. More next week...

No comments: