Monday, May 19, 2008

Skillful Coffee Cooling:

I recently posted about the Java Wand, a clever, compact device that makes good coffee and is easy to travel with. I complained that there was a slight issue: When the coffee's hot, you suck hot coffee right into your mouth. But it turns out that I merely needed to learn to use the wand properly. You suck up a strawful of coffee, hold that coffee in the glass straw a few moments to cool, then suck it into your mouth. This experience is, I feel, more pleasurable than taking those first few hot sips from a teaspoon. In fact, it's very effective to use the same company's Tea Wand to cool a hot cup of coffee.

In the past, when I was in a hurry, I used the salesman's trick to cool the coffee: I dropped ice into it. But the “Health tea Wand” is better. It's a glass straw whose bottom acts as a glass filter to keep out tea leaves. It also keeps out most coffee grounds, enabling me to suck on the hottest coffee, keeping each mouthful in the glass a moment to cool it. I'm delighted with the WisdomWands products.

No comments: