Monday, March 21, 2011

Fred Wilpon and Muammar Khaddaffi:

I thought about writing a parody article, in which I described the Met’s owners’ situation as if reporting the news in Libya. The inspiration was tempting, because certain parallels do present themselves.

I won’t do it, it would be unfair.

I can suspect that Wilpon’s judgment about money management has often hurt my favorite baseball team.

I can suspect that if Fred Wilpon does manage to hold on to the Mets, his new money woes could haunt the team for years.

Otherwise, the Wilpons seem to be spinning out a sad story, not a crazy or a vengeful one. Hey you Wilpons! The team you own is the team that has never managed to win a no-hitter. Maybe you can’t play a perfect game either. Please consider trying some other avocation.

No comments: