Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Discrete Packaging Rules!

I received a spam today from a company that "totally understands my problem" and promises that that the pills they want to send me will come in discrete packaging. I am so relieved. I suppose companies that don't use discrete packaging tend to mail out gigantic pill bottles that serve whole neighborhoods, and they expect us all to go to some central point to collect what's ours alone. Or maybe those other companies use continuous packaging, bottles that originate at the plant and ooze out across the landscape, growing ever larger as they extend.
I know that continuous manufacturing is less expensive than discrete manufacturing (bread factories just HATE to bake loaf-ends), so I'm willing to pay a little more for discrete packages, regardless of what's in them.

No comments: