Friday, July 27, 2007

I Meme of Jreedy:

Huh. My first tag meme. Luckily, it's a pretty simple one. Tagger, thanks!

The Rules:
  • Each player lists 8 facts about themselves.
  • The rules of the game appear before the facts do.
  • The player ends by tagging 8 people, which means listing their names and then going to their blogs to tell them that they’ve been tagged, then going back and commenting on their lists.


The Facts:
1. I don't reliably connect faces and names. I'm very good at remembering voices, though.

2. One of my competitive chess games was published in the 1957 December Chess Review. (I won.)

3. I can get lost, particularly because I always have to double-check right/left, East/West.

4. I don't much like this sort of Meme, for the simple reason that I think it's a gross distortion of the meaning of the word Meme. See a decent definition of this sophisticated concept here.

5. My personal haven is the messiest room in the house – try and stop me.

6. I'm so lazy about doing this meme (see 4 above), that I've just copied my tagger as much as possible.

7. My first girlfriend's father played timpani, and her father composed music for a TV series. His hearing was excellent. We had to be very quiet at her house, when he was composing.

8. I'm pretty good about needles. Needling, too.

I'm not going to tag anyone. I looked at my blogroll, and it's noteworthy that I link to people I would never dream of meme-tagging. In any case, there aren't enough people in the world to tag forever, if everyone tags eight more people; I'm just speeding up the endgame a little. (I did think about tagging eight random myspace accounts, though.)

No comments: