Wednesday, September 05, 2007

How I learned to Shout:

I took several years of singing lessons. They were really good for my singing. I can do a lot with my now half-trained voice, and I have stamina I would never have had without the lessons. I've even got a pretty good sound.

But that's not important. What's important is that before I learned to sing, I had no idea how to shout. When I raised my voice, I went hoarse pretty fast, or my throat got sore. But a trained voice can make serious noise! All that resonance, the volume! On rare occasions, when I shout from the heart – I'm that angry – I wreck my throat like I used to. But generally, I switch to my singing voice to shout, and it's effortless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought about this, but it is a perfect description of what you sound like with your voice raised!