Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Your own Personal Elevator:

I hope that each of you someday has the pleasure of having our own personal elevator. I'm talking about an elevator that's always there when you need to go from floor to floor, in some specific building. The easiest way to get your own Personal Elevator is to buy an expensive apartment in the sort of building where each apartment has its own elevator. But I got a taste of this luxury last December 31st, and I'd like to tell you about it.

I went to work on the 31st, worked to about eight p.m. in fact. There was almost no one else at the office, a scientist or two and a few security guards. I used one elevator a lot to go back and forth between the first and third floors, and that elevator was always ready for me. Let me tell you, it's a pleasure when you push that button and the door always opens at once.

No comments: