Monday, August 27, 2007

No Maid Service!

Last week I drove again to Virginia for some field testing. Most of the hotels where I usually stay were full, so I stayed at a Candlewood Suites place. Candelwood caters to people who need to say relatively long periods of time. They give you a useable kitchen, but they do not serve breakfast. They have a few nice amenities, most of which were not useful for me. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed my stay there, so much that I had to figure out why.

I think the dealmaker is that they have no daily maid service. You can always empty a trash basket or get new towels. And they will give you new linen and clean your room each week. I entered my room, laid my stuff out the way I wanted it, and never worried that someone, in the process of cleaning up, would move my stuff about. Almost like home!

No comments: