Friday, August 03, 2007

Where are the instructions?

The instructions for using anything can be printed in any tiny custom format, and squeezed into a minuscule space. When you open a new purchase, this funny question arises: where are the instructions?

Recently we bought a simple air mattress with a battery-operated pump. It was just the thing for a visiting guest. I had a little trouble setting it up, though. I bought the requisite batteries, I took the plastic thing out of its box and opened it up. There were no, repeat, no, instructions on the box. There were no, repeat, no, instructions in the box. After searching a while in desperation, I decided to hope for the best. The obvious place to start: inserting the batteries. I pried open the battery compartment, and guess what I found?

No comments: