Saturday, December 08, 2012

Diets … a bad day:


I don't weigh myself on Saturday mornings.

Today's diet did not go well. Facing a smorgasbord of treats, dainties, deserts and delights, I forgot, for many minutes, that I was dieting. I can't shout, “How could I do that?” because I've often done it before. In order to gird my loins against snacking every calorie-laden temptation, I gave myself a list to memorize. This is what to expect if I just keep on eating:

  • Diabetes
  • Foul taste in mouth hours later
  • Weight gain
  • Bad digestion
  • Poor sleeping
  • Tiredness, exhaustion, shortness of breath
  • Old-man-breasts, and
  • something too disgusting to mention.

I skipped dinner in hopes of minimizing the damage. Tomorrow I'm attending a dinner party. Monday morning, I just want my weight to be lower than when the diet began last Monday: less than 225.

Tomorrow I expect to blog about something that ought not, I think, be about the Amish.

No comments: