Monday, January 02, 2006

Watch. Alarm. 6 PM.

My watch has five alarm settings, so I can certainly afford to have it ring at 6 PM every day. The idea is that if I can't find my watch, I can listen for it at 6, and thus find it. And this week, this week, I lost my watch.

I was certain it was in the house, but could not find it. In fact I was pretty sure it was in a pile of shirts and pants waiting to be washed. But no matter how carefully I searched that pile, I was NOT going to put those clothes in the washing machine until I found my watch. Tonight, at 6, I was standing next to the clothes, listening.

And I heard my watch! A muffled sound coming from a nearby closet, where it was stashed in a bathrobe pocket. So now the laundry's in the washing machine, the watch is back on my wrist, and I can certainly afford to have it ring at 6 PM every day.

No comments: