Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Car Without a Radio is like a ...

I was commuting and needed to buy a car. My great internal debate was whether to buy the radio separately after getting the car. There would be a gap of a few radioless weeks before I had time to make a good choice and get it installed, but I KNEW I could get a much better radio that way.
In the end, I settled for the auto manufacturer's radio, because I could not imagine commuting even one day without some radio voices talking to me and keeping me alert. I got a barely satisfactory radio, and frankly wished I'd held out to buy a better one later, but at least I was happy solving the commute problem.

But Now ...

The next time, if ever, that we have to buy a commuter car for me, I will buy the radio later. Those interim weeks won't be a problem! I'll load up on podcasts and listen to them instead. Hmmm. Or maybe I should just get the cheapest auto manufacturer's radio to listen to traffic reports, and otherwise rely on podcasts. Decisions, decisions ...

No comments: