Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Grisly cigarattes ...

While listening to a podcast about the grisly methods other countries use on cigarette packs to discourage smoking, I remembered my own foray into discouraging smokers from smoking. As you will see, my efforts were entirely accidental.

One of my regular seminars required a live music performance, and I brought my bassoon, along with a little pitcher of water to soak my bassoon reed. After we played our music, I dumped the pitcher of water into the only ashtray in the room, as I packed the pitcher away with the disassembled bassoon. The smokers in the seminar used this ashtray, and the water quickly turned a revolting shade of brown. People clearly thought the ashtray had become quite disgusting but, well, they continued to smoke.

No comments: